According to Wikipedia, performance appraisal, also known as employee appraisal, is a method by which the job performance of an employee is evaluated (generally in terms of quality, quantity, cost and time). Performance appraisal is a part of career development.
Performance appraisals are regular reviews of employee performance within organizations
Generally, the aims of a performance appraisal are to:
1. Give feedback on performance to employees.
2. Identify employee training needs.
3. Document criteria used to allocate organizational rewards.
4. Form a basis for personnel decisions: salary increases, promotions, disciplinary actions, etc.
5. Provide the opportunity for organizational diagnosis and development.
6. Facilitate communication between employee and administraton
7. Validate selection techniques and human resource policies to meet federal Equal Employment Opportunity requirements.
Well, have you ever think of what are the criteria to measure the performance appraisal of employee in an organisation ?
In my opinion, the most essential & common criteria would be the efficiency & effectiveness of work performed. Thus, accuracy, leadership skills, problem solving skills, team work spirit & co-operation, timeliness, the quality of over-time performed as well as communication link are the common contributor factors to measure & evaluate your employee's ability...
[ You may visit this website for details criteria : http://www.businessballs.com/performanceappraisalform.pdf ]
Definitely, is not based on self-feeling of like or dislike of the employee, politic's issue & bias.
First of all, don't you think that it is essential to conduct on-the-job training to the new recruited employee in order to guide them & comply to the organisation's rules & regulations, as well as the standards. No matter how experienced the new recruited employee, training or even briefing is essential in order to acknowledge them on the organisation's culture & practise.
How do you expected them to know everything with no guidance & training provided, and at the end of the evaluation day; employer would highlight :
1. initiative is a must
2. multi-tasking is a must
3. problem-solving is a must
4. xxx is a must
So, who to be blamed? Is the employee itself not to be 'sen muk' (clever) enough to be initiative? or do extra work so called multi-tasking or kepo-kepo to involve in certain issue n give opinion then so called good in problem solving?
If those fresh graduate with pure heart don't know or not master the pusing-pusing skill ....sure they will be lost in the jungle as picture shown as below : -

Therefore, don't be resent if your organisation's turnover is high throughout the year. Or blame not meeting the right employee. Everything will turn out not right if employer is not pratising the right way.
2 comments:
I DONT GET ALONG WIF XXX...WHAT I DID SHE DUN SATISFIED. SHE SAID THIS WRONG THAT WRONG SO I FOLLOW HER INSTURUCTION COZ SHE SOUND ME BEFORE THAT I DUN HAVE EXPERIENCE SO NEED TO FOLLOW WHAT SHE SAID. SOMETYM I END UP GET SCOLDING IF I 'CI BA CI WAI' DEN I GET SCOLED IF I JUX FOLLOW HER COMMAND SHE SAID I NEVER USE BRAIN. MY FRENZ FELT KESIAN FOR ME AND ASK ME TO BE PATIENT..ANYWAY MY NIGHTMARE WILL END SOON COZ I FOUND NEW JOB ALD^^
hahaha...that y people sometimes called, corporate is cruel.
Post a Comment